Wednesday, May 6, 2009

mixtape masterpiece, wednesdays at 10am

this has been my very last radio show! I have enjoyed all the mixtapin' over the last 3 years (six semesters) that mixtape masterpiece has been flowing through the hours. a big thanks to my listeners, muddy waters coffee and my listening coffee co-workers, panasonic headphones, live soundtracks, the gist hall second floor vending machines, tape decks, the ben folds five song "kate" ('when all words fail she speaks; her mixtape's a masterpiece'), and KRFH radio free humboldt for being one of the most positive experiences in my college experience (and my entire life, for that matter!)

but enough gushing.
half of these songs I played on my very first radio show fall 2006, the other half are songs I have grown to love to play.


sleater-kinney "everything"
pink floyd "time"
x "soul kitchen"
jurassic 5 "high fidelity"
pixies "letter to memphis"
simon and garfunkel "why don't you write me?"
the roots "the seed (2.0)"
sonic youth "incinerate"
the beatles "she said she said"
smashing pumpkins "1979"
neil young "rockin' in the free world"
talking heads "this must be the place (naive melody)"
the jesus and mary chain "something I can't have"
justice "dvno"
radiohead "morning bell"
tom petty and the heartbreakers "mary jane's last dance"

thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment